I have been so frustrated lately. Ever since all the good dramas ended, I have not been able to find my drama groove. What’s my drama groove? It is when I have my dramas set for each day of the week. The dramas I actually look forward to and follow religiously.
Here is a visual representation of my frustration and it is also what prompted me to write this post today (which is in addition to the request by SZ of Desi Rants and Raves):
My go to website for dramas is Dramas Online. I prefer this website because I can browse through the dramas by date and I really find the small images helpful. In the sea of Pakistani dramas out there, how does one decide which ones to watch? I have many pre-set biases and stereotypes about drama channels, actors/actresses, drama titles and directors, which I am not ashamed of. I usually know which dramas are worth my time and which ones are not.
Here’s a breakdown on my thought process as I browse through the drama titles and images:
- ARY: Their dramas are usually very gharelu. The actors are usually 40+.
- Geo: In my opinion, Geo stopped making good dramas ages ago.
- HUM: This is usually my go to channel. Lots of hits and misses.
- Express, A-Plus, etc: I give these channels a chance once in awhile because sometimes they have surprisingly decent dramas. I am currently enjoying Aunn Zara on A-Plus.
- There is now a distinction between soap actors/actresses and serial actors/actresses. Since I do not enjoy soaps at all, this distinction helps me greatly in making my decision.
- My usual go to directors are Mehreen Jabbar, Haissam Hussain, Sarmad Khoosat and a few others. I have noticed that no matter how good the writer of the drama may be, it is ultimately up to the director to either make it a masterpiece or a disappointment. This is why I am pretty open minded when it comes to writers.
- Other deciding factors:
- I do not watch foreign dramas. No plans on trying Turkish dramas anytime in the near future.
- I despise sitcoms.
- I am tired of roti dhoti auraton walay dramas and also dramas about evil sisters.
Please see below the continuation of the elimination process that I did today:
Can you now tell why I have been so frustrated? After browsing through all those dramas, I decided to watch ONE of them and even that one wasn’t impressive. Gahhh!!
We need quality dramas. The quantity of dramas doesn’t matter or at least to me it doesn’t!
Anyone have any suggestions of how to get rid of this frustration?